Friday, March 14, 2014

Quilt Card


Today, I am doing something a little different for me.  I love looking at the quilt cards on Pintrest and decided to try my hand at one.  I started with an easy one with just one pinwheel.  I used my SB Square to cut out the print and white cardstock, them I cut them into fourths.  My white cardstock is from Georgia Pacific.  The designer paper is from MME Jack and Jill Collection.  After I made my quilt square I ran it through an embossing folder .  I used Anna Griffin's Poppy for Cuttlebug.  Then I popped it on top of another sheet of DP.  This completed my quilt square. 

I put the quilt square on top of my card.  I used more DP and cut out a flower with MFT Die-namics Plentiful Petals die cut.  I put this in the center of my quilt block.  Topped it with a button from Basic Grey and twine from my stash.   I put a sentiment on the bottom of the card using MFT Die-namics Sentiment Strip die cut.  Sentiment is from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes Sentiment set and was punched out with SU Word Window punch.  That completes the card.

Card Entered in These Challenges:
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - #109 - Birthdays
Sister Act Card Challenge - #48 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - #13 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - #258 - Happy Birthday
Digi Stamps 4 Joy Challenge - #87 - Add a Birthday Sentiment
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - #301 - Birthday Cards
Make My Monday Challenge - Spring
Stamp and Create Challenge - Ready for Spring

I hope you enjoyed my quilt card today.  Thanks for dropping by and have a blessed week.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Neat card! Love the patchwork quilt look! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Maureen R said...

This card is so pretty, it reminds me of a quilt! Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
Maureen, DT, member

Rossella said...

This is so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week,
Rosie x

alex said...

Such a pretty card, love the quilting effect, thank you for sharing at {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} Alex x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great card Gale.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Mary said...

What a lovely card. That flower is just amazing. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! I hope you get to join us again.