Friday, October 26, 2012

Spring Beauty


It is Friday and time for a new challenge at Stamping With the Dragon.  The challenge this week is Anything but a Card.  I decided to make a tag using Spring Beauty from Stamping Dragon Designs

Most of the tag is colored with distress inks.  I used a few Copics on her face and hair.  First I sponged distress ink on the tag.  Then I colored my image with copic markers.  Next I sponged distress inks around my image.  It came out darker then my tag, but I used different paper for my image then what the tag is made of.  I cut it out with Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Nine.  I layered it on the same, but I sponged Antique Linen distress ink on it.

The flower is cut out with MFT Layered Rose on paper that I used Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet distress ink to color it with.  The leaves are made with a punch from The Punch Bunch and was colored with Iced Spruce distress ink.  Here is a closeup of the flower.


The little butterflies are from the SU stamp set Papillon Potpourri and they are punched out with the coordinating punch.  I also used the distress inks to color them and then set pearls from my stash in the center.  Here is a closeup of the image.


I also used a swirl of pearls from my stash and lace from my stash.  The lace I colored with Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender distress ink.

Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Iced Spruce, Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet

Copic Markers - E00, E01, E11, G12, V01, V05, Y23, Y26

I plan to enter this project in these challenges:


Challenges 4 Everybody - #5 - Anything Goes

Anything Goes Challenge - #78 - Make Your Own Embellishments

Oozak Challenge - #7 - Die Cuts

Charisma Cardz Challenge - #42 - Don't Be Square

Paper Play Challenge - Week 43 - Butterflies and Bees

Southern Girls Challenge - #56 - Animal Crackers

The Stamping Dragon Design DT have some amazing projects for you.  So head on over to the Stamping With the Dragon Challenge and have a look.  Have a great weekend everyone.


5 comments:

Caroline said...

This is beautiful Gale love the image and the colours used are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Sheryl said...

Hi Gale, stunning book mark. I love the colours and the image they work really well together.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Hope we see you again next time.
Sheryl Hugs xx

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty tag I love the soft colours and image! Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful bookmark Gale. One that should never be shut away in a book.

Susan x

Niknak said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges!!