Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's a Boy!


I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today I bring you a card that I made for a baby shower. The baby is going to be a boy so of course it is in blue and white.

The CS is Stampin Up and the DP is by K & Company. The precious little baby is by Sugar Nellie. I have colored him with Copic Sketch markers. The embossing folder is by Sizzix. The lace is just some that I bought at the fabric store. The tiny pearls are by Martha Stewart Crafts and the button is by Basic Grey. I used the Spellbinder Nestabilities Label 10 on the image and the sentiment is punched out with the Word Window punch and the Modern Label punch from Stampin Up.

Here is the inside of the card:


The gingham check on the front of the card has a border that is punched out with the Scallop Edge Border punch by Stampin Up. I have used this same punch on the inside of the card. The origin of the sentiment is not known, but I used the same Spellbinder that I used on the front of the card to showcase it.

I plan to enter this card in these challenges:

Pile It On Challenge - #33 - Blue, blue, blue

K B Cute Monday Challenge - #25 - Babies!

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Eyes Down, Look In!!! (Bingo - I used Gems(pearls), Free (Button), and the Lace

Crafts and Me Challenge - #48 - Blues or Blue/Greens

Shelly's Images Challenge - Show Us What You Got!

Craft Us Crazy Challenge - #15 - Anything Goes

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge - #69 - Emboss It!

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Babies and Little Ones

I hope you see something that will inspire you and thank you so mucy for stopping by. I love seeing everyone's wonderful comments.

6 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

What a sweet baby card. I love the inside as well as the outside! You did a fantastic job with this card!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Carol Hurlock said...

That is absolutely precious. I love that sweet image. The basket embossing folder was the perfect choice for this image. Just so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cats Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit to see your work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Colleen Dietrich said...

How very sweet! My sister in law in Ohio takes pictures of babies like this. This stamp looks like a photo! THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week!

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweet card, I love your baby stamp. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week and good luck xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh this is a beautiful baby card, your colouring is superb. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

Designing with Debbie said...

Awe! I absolutely love it. A friend of mine just had a baby boy and this would have been such a great card to give. Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat Friends challenge this week.